February 10, 2012

The Art



   Let's talk about Art. Not the one that you are creating, but the one that creates you. Or maybe both... I mean the Art of Aging. 
   Whatever you make with all your knowledge and passion, you love and enjoy each little step in it. Each stitch, each line, each picture, each dish, each word, each smile is a momentary masterpiece. You love it, because it fills in a daily blank sheet. It's a proof that the time wasn't spent in vain. 
   But what happens when the Time starts leaving its prints on you? Right, then come attempts to erase everything with  all possible and impossible ways... Attempts to look like nothing never happened... 
   Strange. Because on the other hand, an old book you want to read over and over again. You admire in  meditating silent  the photo of an old wrinkled face. You hold a breath in front of an old collapsing architecture . You love  vintage...
   But do you REALLY  love yourself? 
   Do you really want to have and empty clean notebook at the end?
   Or does the straight trimmed wooden pole looks more beautiful than an old tree? 
  
   You tell me.











"wrinkled"  :))

8 comments:

Claudia said...

no botox for me!

siga said...

A good decision ;)

AnDee said...

Food for thought...

{I just read an article that Botox eases depression {supposedly} because it disables your frown...Working in a similar way as a forced smile raises your spirits, I guess...Though I'd get more for migraines than wrinkles...}

Gosh I love your works!
xo

Anna said...

Love it ! Evething we can tell what it is...
Hug
Have a nice week-end.
Anna

Laura said...

one does not need to be very old to feel time changing one's body... I'm with you though, wrinkles, bumps, and a shifting form add character and beauty.

Mar`Ya said...

Все, что молодо - прекрасно... А старость - это лишь новый этап красоты...

ladydazy said...

Take care of your skin as much as possibe, eat right, sleep enough and drink lots of water. That's my plan. Great drawings!!

sunny smiles said...

I'm okay with the signs of aging...as long as I stay healthy. The fear for me is the actual counting of years being so swiftly washed away that laves me breathless at times. xo

(I'll be 40 this spring, I'm not taking that so well!)

And...that's a lovely tree.