January 4, 2013

Black is black

   I had a very BLACK period lately... And I really enjoyed it! That makes you wonder? Don't worry, I am ok, indeed very fine. Just think of black velvet, black chocolate or black diamonds and you will understand...   

   Or look at this black beauty, invading my home (straight from the street) just before the Christmas!



   But that wasn't the only surprise. While I was enjoying the view on the road between the mountains, the huge crock came directly to me. I even stopped breathing from its fearless move and shining feathers...






  Was very strange to see this black message in front of me on a sunny day. I was pleasantly shocked. And then I realized, that all the meanings of black color are just some strange superstitions. It depends on your culture, on your believes, on your feelings, on the time... Therefore it doesn't matter if the future seems very black sometimes. At the end, the stars wouldn't shine so bright if the sky wouldn't be black. Because it's not about the color, but about how do we look at it, how does it make you feel.  And the black is only black...







But do You like it, the BLACK?



17 comments:

Claudia Aguilar said...

I like black! Is it not that bad as some people might think! Black beauty, the little black dress...

Anna said...

I like black ! But not gray...
Have a perfect year !
Hug
Anna

Candace said...

Cute kitty, did you keep her?

siga said...

The cat still keeps me ;) Hope it's a long-lasting relationship...

ladydazy said...

My favorite cats are black ones. :)

Remei said...

The black color is elegant, discreet ... useful for all ...
The night is black and shows the stars ...
I love my dear friend!

At last the holidays have finished!
I wanted to see the blogger friends!!
A pleasure to be back at home!
My best wishes for 2013!

Hugs!

Dee said...

The crow/raven photos are amazing!
What an unusual contrast to the fabulous view...

I am a big fan of black. I see it as nothing more {or less} than another dimension in the cacophony...

I hope the shiny black fur is still with you!
xo

FP said...

Žaviuosi Jūsų dienoraščiu, tiesiog – NUOSTABU!!! Čia apsilankyti tikra palaima.
Su geriausiais sveikinimais
JR

Gemma Wiseman said...

Amazing detail of these characters both furry and winged! And love the view in the last photo!

Pieni Lintu said...

I LOVE black. ;-)

Stewart M said...

I like black - but it can be hard to photograph!

I really like crows (and ravens) - they are so smart.

Thanks for the link to WBW.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne.

PS: sorry for slow reply - I been out of internet range in Tasmania!

siga said...

Tasmania? At least hope you got many photos from there!

And you right about photos of the black, I still a challenge to me, especially in the move ;)

miz katie said...

Wow! How beautiful..all those twisting roads, and the raven.

I love black. I have a lot of it throughout my house..black plates, bowls, and cups, even. :)

Petrus van Zyl said...

love the second last photo with the road in the background ... wow

Foxglove Lane said...

WOW this was so beautiful Siga and I loved how you found the light side of black!

Relyn Lawson said...

Those close ups absolutely thrills me.

Beth Niquette said...

Actually, I do love the black. My Father had a black cat named Snow, I had a black cat named Snow and my children had a black cat named Snowbunny--I love black cats--and cats in general. I also liked your pictures of the crow.

In your photos you have somehow managed to show what black truly is. All colors together--a veritable rainbow of them.

Wonderful photography--these pictures fill my eyes, which is the greatest compliment I can give.